Listening Skills: Your Strategic Advantage in Interpersonal Effectiveness
Developing good listening skills is a great way to improve your effectiveness and put yourself on the path to career success. There are many benefits to being a good listener, including:
Now that you know some of the benefits of being a good listener, let’s look at some keys to active listening:
1. Eliminate or block out obstacles to listening such as noise, other tasks, or
2. Demonstrate that the speaker has your full attention. Maintain eye contact and
3. Let the other person speak without interruption. Encourage the speaker to
4. Ask the speaker to repeat or clarify anything you don’t understand.
5. Take brief notes to keep track of details, but be careful that these don’t become a
Learn to effectively use these techniques for dealing with aggressive colleagues and more in our Strengthening Your People Skills in the Workplace training. Sign up for this course or one of our other great seminars at NationalSeminarsTraining.com today!
We're sorry, but the comment box for this article has been closed. However, you may view the past discussion amongst your peers to see what they had to say ...
Question of the Month:
Which has been more important to you, your education or your work experience? Why?
Please share now.
Managing People Tip:
The quickest way to establish credibility is to use your best people skills and work with each one of your employees according to their response style. This awareness allows you to approach the employee in the best possible way.
– Management and Leadership Skills for First-Time Supervisors and Managers Seminar
“The superior man is distressed by the limitations of his ability; he is not distressed by the fact that men do not recognize the ability that he has.”
Great points to remember and help ensure that we maintain "two-way" communication during our converstations.
Great Job!! What a awesome reminder of the importance of just listening to others
All four of the articles presented today in this issue are very good and helpful for me and my office staff it is what I have been looking for.
About The Manager’s Minute