With a Simple Push of
the “send” Button…You May “SEND” the Wrong Message!
Have you ever sent an e-mail
you regretted later?
Then you know just how easy it is to send the WRONG message!
When you send e-mails that are unclear, you leave others confused. When your e-mails contain errors, you risk tarnishing your reputation. Worse, when your e-mails project the wrong tone, you may even damage critical business relationships!
When as much as 90 percent of your written business communication today is by e-mail, how do you make sure this technological wonder doesn’t come back to bite you as a “miscommunication tool”?
A writing program geared to today’s professionals
The answer to this dilemma is The Business Writing Workshop. In just one day, you’ll learn proven tips and techniques that guarantee every message you write — in e-mails, letters, memos, and reports — will be polished and on-target, representing both you and your organization in a highly professional manner. You’ll deliver the exact message you intend, for the exact results you need!
Solid business writing skills are more important than ever before
This essential program is headed your way just in time, because writing is back at the forefront of importance in business. In fact, you probably communicate more often by e-mail than telephone, and often substitute it for face-to face exchanges. Most of us do! Yet those often brief snippets you type and send so quickly can result in stressful hours in the hot seat later, with you explaining, “Well, what I meant to say was …”
Learn how to avoid common mistakes when writing e-mail
Are ya writin’ e-mail just like ya talk? Or sending wordy e-mail epistles that read like a formal business report? Big mistakes! This training sets the record straight on what you should and should not do when drafting any business communication, especially e-mails.
We’ll discuss the top errors people make and how you can avoid them. You’ll also get in on the latest e-mail etiquette and find out how to craft shorter messages without sacrificing content.
Not a strong writer?
This workshop is for you!
About four out of five business professionals admit on surveys they’re not strong writers, and you may well be among them. If so, this workshop was created for you.
Packed with secrets the pros use to take the hassle out of writing, this training covers how to organize your thoughts, get off to a quick start, communicate persuasively in any situation — and pass the “red pen test” for grammar and wordiness. You’ll also learn tons of time-savers to slash your writing time.
Get the training you need to make all your written communication shine!
The Business Writing Workshop is a fast, fun way to get the essential writing skills you need to communicate clearly and confidently in everything you write on the job. Spend just a day with us, and all your written communication from now on will reflect the true professional you are.
Pre-Writing Strategies That Work Every Time
- Figuring out whom you’re writing to – and why
- A two-minute outline you can begin with that saves you hours in wasted time down the line
- Identifying your own natural writing style to take advantage of your strengths
- Resources that will help you sound like you know what you’re talking about (even when you don’t!)
Secrets to Writing On-Target E-mails
- The 7 most common mistakes that people make when writing an e-mail … and how to avoid them
- How to double-check your e-mail for tone and clarity
- Tips for writing shorter e-mails that still get your full message across
- Everything you need to know about e-mail etiquette
- Smart tips for presenting complex information in your e-mails
- Should you e-mail? Situations where e-mailing is inappropriate
- Why you must always write a clear subject line
- How the 7 C’s of Effective Business Writing apply to e-mails
- 3 things all good e-mail messages have in common
Special Section on Grammar Basics That We Promise Will Be Short!
- Simple pain-free grammatical rules that everyone has to follow to write well
- The top 10 most common mistakes everyone else makes that you never will!
- Side-splitting real-world examples of business writing gone badly!
- Why you should never “write like ya talk”!
Mastering the Writing Process and Utilizing Your Personal Style
- Finding your “voice” and nailing it down (professional vs. casual, serious vs. humorous)
- Proper word choice that compels your reader to read further
- Avoiding lazy language that puts your reader to sleep
- Creating flawless transitions in your work
- Tips to keep your sentences and paragraphs concise, focused, and flowing
Writing Powerfully and Persuasively for Any Situation
- Persuasion techniques that will strengthen every e-mail letter, memo, or proposal
- Presenting your ideas strategically in print
- Using a critical eye to make sure you’re presenting your ideas logically
- Choosing words with IMPACT!
- Selling products, services, and ideas while bolstering customer confidence
Post-Writing Techniques to Clean Up Your Writing
- The “red pen test” for getting to the point
- Why you shouldn’t become too dependent on writing software and templates
- The real trick to writing is knowing when to stop: Eliminating wordiness
- Simple proofreading and editing tips for writing perfection
- Using the “Altitude Test” to determine your document’s level of readability
- Cutting the length of your memos – and doubling their impact on your readers!
Troubleshooting Common Writing Problems
- Tactics you can use to clarify and organize your thoughts when you’re writing under a fast-approaching deadline
- How to “whip out” high-quality writing at a moment’s notice when your boss “wants it NOW!”
- Brainstorming tricks anyone can use when they’re stuck on what to say
- Overcoming writer’s block that makes the Great Wall of China look wimpy!