Powerful Business Writing Skills
Introducing a one-day workshop packed with skills you’ll use every day to make a powerful impact — quickly and easily — every time you put words to paper.
Good business writing grabs your readers’ attention ... it commands involvement, enhances understanding and inspires action. Simply put, good business writing
While the objective of every business-writing project is simple, many professionals flounder when they put words to paper. That’s usually because they’ve bought into ideas about writing that just aren’t true. For instance, do you ever find yourself thinking ... “Good writing is a talent you have or you don’t, and I’m a ‘have not.’ ” “Writing is a laborious, frustrating process.” “Good business writing adheres to strict grammar and composition rules, and I’m not interested in nor do I have time to memorize a bunch of rules.”
When you attend this workshop, we’ll show you how to avoid all of the dread and most of the drudgery in your business writing.
Turning Ideas Into Writing: Tips for Getting Started Quickly
- 5 simple ways to plan what you write
- Ever put off writing because it takes too long? Learn how to cut writing time by 30% to 40%!
- 3 key questions to answer before you begin writing
- A systematic way to organize even the most complex writing tasks
- Surefire tips for overcoming writing anxiety
Writing Letters, Memos and Reports That Are Organized and Reader-Focused
- How to prepare correspondence that says “professional”
- Reader-friendliness: Why the words you choose affect the results you get
- Capitalize on your personal style to make your writing more interesting and more effective
- Eliminate monotony in long reports and complex proposals
- Winning formats for reports and proposals
- The do’s and don’ts for writing powerful memos
- Make your readers comfortable ... and keep their attention ... by using language they can relate to
Making Sure Your Message Is Clear and Your Writing
- Avoid the errors most commonly made in letters and memos
- 5 questions every piece of writing should answer
- How to present details clearly and explanations simply
- Shortcuts to handling grammar and spelling problems
- Ever have trouble deciding when to use “affect” and when to use “effect”? There are 12 commonly confused word pairs that you need never mix up again
- Quick references you’ll want to keep close by every time you write
- 4 simple cures for the most common sentence ailments
How to Influence, Persuade ... and Sell!
- A simple way to add impact to every sentence
- 7 C's of convincing business writing
- How to be more persuasive ... especially when you expect considerable resistance from readers
- Discover the proven techniques used by professional writers to stimulate reader interest
- 2 tips that will add punch to every paragraph
- Sell anything ... products, ideas, services, even yourself ... with greater success than ever before!
Conveying Professionalism and Credibility in Your Writing
- Words that are never appropriate in business writing
- How to align your writing with the image your organization wants
- Learn one simple technique that will make all your writing easier to read and more powerful
- How to trim the fat from all your business documents
- Gain recognition and respect for being a business writer who gets results for your organization
Using Contemporary Writing Techniques and an Inviting Tone to Stimulate Reader Interest
- Ever wonder if the writing “rules” you learned in grammar school still apply? We’ll explode the myths that may be holding you back
- When jargon is appropriate ... and when it’s likely to distance you from your reader
- How to use an active voice and a conversational tone to enhance how much your reader will remember
- Cut stiff, outdated lingo from your documents — and replace it with sharp images that enhance understanding
- Why being concise is imperative to achieving results from your writing in today’s work environments
Practical Solutions to Real-World Writing Challenges
- Deliver bad news with tact
- How to write “no” letters with a “yes” sound
- Write complaint letters that get immediate action
- Respond to complaints with relationship-rebuilding success
- Concrete tips to uncomplicate the writing of instructions, procedures and explanations
- How to make written requests that get favorable replies
- Writing for special situations: Letters of reference, introduction, condolence, congratulations, or apology
Click "+" to see cities
NO EVENTS SHOWING IN YOUR AREA?
We can bring this training to you! We can tailor this (or any) program to meet your organization’s exact needs. Call one of our training consultants today at 1-800-344-4613 for more information!
Making Your Business Writing Mistake-free
Need training, but don’t have time to get out of the office? Then take a look at our related webinars. They are a fast and convenient way to get the training you need ... right from your own computer.