Social Media Marketing (2-Day)
Want to leverage your organization's social media presence more effectively? Then you need this new, in-depth 2-day course!
|Price: $299.00 per person
|Live Seminar Date and Location:
Holiday Inn Central
1501 Rhode Island Ave. Nw
Washington, DC 20005
|Date: May 21, 2018 &
May 22, 2018
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
|Additional Dates/Locations in Your Area:
- May 01, 2018 | Frederick, MD | Details
- May 23, 2018 | Baltimore, MD | Details
Social media has changed the world —
why is your marketing still the same?
It’s everywhere you look; everyone from teenagers to grandmothers are tweeting,
sharing photos on Instagram, and updating statuses on Facebook. It’s changed how
people connect with one another, and that means old marketing tactics aren’t as
effective as they once were.
If you want to be successful in the modern world, you need to have a social media
presence — this is not an option. But just jumping into social media without a plan can
be worse than having no presence at all.
Develop a plan to help you maximize your social media
Organizations that are effectively using social media have one
thing in common: they have a clearly defined plan. They
know what they want to achieve from their efforts, which
tools work best for their needs, and how to get results. When
you leave this course, you’ll know all of that and more.
No matter whether you’re a complete social marketing
newbie or a veteran, this two-day course has all the
information you need to take your social media efforts to the
next level and generate real results!
It’s time to join the future — learn how to put social media
marketing to work for you.
Social media marketing isn’t like traditional marketing. It’s a
two-way street, one that allows you to engage in
conversation with people who use and are affected by your
organization. It lets you handle customer service issues and
deal with negative experiences immediately.
But if you aren’t up to date on the latest social media
techniques, you may be doing more harm than good. Don’t
let your organization develop a negative reputation.
Sign up for this training and you’ll learn how to:
- Determine your social media goals and develop a plan to reach them
- Identify which social media platforms will work for you
- Promote your organization in a way that will generate real followers
- And much, much more!
Day One: The Basics of Social Media
Social Media: An Introduction
- What is social media? Why is it important?
- Who is using social media and why
- Social media vs. traditional marketing
- Your organizational brand and social media marketing
What Makes a Good Social Media Campaign
- Developing goals for your social media campaign
- Implementing a plan that works for you
- Using social media as a customer service tool
- Creating a social media campaign that suits your needs
- Determining your target market
Social Media Platforms – Choosing the Right One
for Your Needs
- The big boys – Facebook and Twitter
- Other players – LinkedIn, YouTube, MySpace, and
- The up-and-comers – Pinterest, Instagram, Google+,
- Check-Ins – FourSquare, Groupon, and other location-based
- Blogging, podcasts, and how they fit in with your social
- Tools to help manage your campaign
How Success Is Measured
- Metrics – what to look for to measure impact
- Different tools to measure your influence
- ROI – the numbers that really matter
- Fans, likes, page views, tweets, and more: different
ways to measure success
Finding Your Voice
- Creating compelling content that will encourage
- Key words – how to use them the right way
- Simple ways to come across as authentic
- Easy ways to gain brand legitimacy
Day Two: Using Social Media Like a Pro
Increasing Your Reach and Engagement
- How often to post – strategies for finding what
works for you
- Paid media, pay-per-click ads, and paying for
followers – a good idea?
- Developing timing, target, and tone
- Strategies for creating and maintaining a
- Building a thriving community – a how-to
Best Practices to Help You Maximize Impact
- Connecting, amplifying, and maintaining your social
- Monitoring your campaign – how much time should
- Avoiding damaging your brand
- Virality and how to encourage it
- Using social media to uncover missed opportunities
and turning fans into customers
- Mistakes to avoid: what not to do
Managing Your Online Reputation
- Why it pays to be likable
- Strategies for writing posts and tweets that will
generate interest and responses
- The best way to handle criticism – respond
- How to turn negatives into positives
Case Studies From Successful Social
- How great organizations use social media
- Handling negativity – examples of dos and don’ts
- Big and small organizations – how they differ and
how they’re alike
Applying what you’ve learned
- Reviewing what you’ve learned
- Determining how to apply your new knowledge for
- How to generate and maintain your social
NO EVENTS SHOWING IN YOUR AREA?
We can bring this training to you! We can tailor this (or any) program to meet your organization’s exact needs. Call one of our training consultants today at 1-800-344-4613 for more information!
Inspired Design Basics for Non-Graphic Designers
Need training, but don’t have time to get out of the office? Then take a look at our related webinars. They are a fast and convenient way to get the training you need ... right from your own computer.