If you're frustrated by all the time-wasting aggravation that whiners, backstabbers, know-it-alls, foot-draggers and other negative personalities cause in your workplace, this insightful one-day workshop is for you! Find out why difficult people behave the way they do, and discover a powerful set of coping strategies that will help you deal with them more easily — and with better results — than you ever dreamed possible.
You'll learn how to identify and handle the 10 most common types of difficult people, how to neutralize the typical tactics and weapons difficult people use, and how to minimize the effects of negative behavior.
In addition, you'll gain the tools you need to keep your cool and stay in control in the face of the aggravating and intimidating antics of others. Invest just one day to attend this workshop, and you'll walk away with coping skills you'll use for a lifetime. Never again be defeated or antagonized by the difficult people you encounter!
Understand What Motivates the Difficult People You Work With
- The 10 classic types of difficult people and how to live with them
- Learn to live and function daily with truly difficult behavior
- The 5 ways people think: deal with thoughts before they become actions
- 10 typical weapons that difficult people use — confront and conquer them
- Why do difficult people resist others' ideas and opinions? Here are answers you can put to use immediately
Predicting and Preparing for Difficult Encounters — You Can Be Ready
- 5 dangerous misconceptions about opening the lines of communication
- Could you be part of the problem? Learn the steps to going into a situation with reasonable expectations
- Are you avoiding the verbal hooks and "vibes" that invite difficult behavior?
- Meeting difficult behavior head-on — without adding fuel to the fire
- 3 ways to bring out the best response in a person
- Spotting communication failure while you can still avoid it
- Antagonism and conflict not your strong suit? Use this proven action plan for confrontation
Keeping Your Head ... Your Cool ... and Your Control
Have you tried the formula for changing the attitudes of difficult people?
Now's the time
- How to use the success formula for dealing with confrontations
- Things getting really hard to handle? Here's how to stay in control
- How to use your anger as a powerful and positive tool
- Can't seem to get through? Use the 5 steps to meaningful idea exchange
- 7 keys to conquering the strongest resistance
- Finding and eliminating the root problem in any conflict
Altering Negative Behavior — With Positive Results
- You can minimize — even eliminate — the likelihood of difficult encounters
- The keys to making disagreeable behavior agreeable
- 3 essentials of persuasion that work
- The key that will soften even the hardest heart
- Criticism can work, and work powerfully! You can make it happen
Learn From Every Difficult Encounter So That They Become Fewer — and Easier — to Handle
- The 3-step method of working through a situation to permanently
- Feel like a loser after a difficult encounter? Here's how to neutralize
- Dealing with potentially difficult situations before they get out of hand