Your organization counts on you to handle anything that comes in the front door. Are you sure you’re prepared?
As a dedicated front desk professional, you juggle many tough responsibilities. One of the most important is serving as “lookout” for anything that might threaten the safety and security of employees and guests.
And, in this day and age, there’s really no telling how serious a security threat you may find yourself coming up against. So, you need to be prepared – for anything!
Get the Skills You Need to Protect Yourself and Your Organization
As a front desk professional, it’s imperative that you possess the knowledge and skills you need to protect your organization’s front line – and yourself. That’s why we’ve developed this crucial workshop, Security Essentials for Front Desk Professionals. It’s one of the most important training programs National Seminars Group has ever presented because it’s packed with information that can literally save lives.
We’ve boiled down a wealth of knowledge and practical how-to’s into one intensive day of training unlike anything you’ve ever attended. You’ll learn …
- How to spot – and eliminate – holes in your reception area’s security
- Tips for exuding a take-charge, no-nonsense attitude while still remaining friendly and helpful
- What to look for: “red flag” behaviors that immediately clue you in that someone intends theft, property damage, or some other illegal activity
- Proven strategies for defusing angry or upset visitors or co-workers before a situation escalates
- Tactics potential thieves or intruders may use to distract and slip past you – and how
to stop them
- Emergency-response procedures you should know backward and forward
Plus, you’ll master dozens of proven methods for spotting and effectively handling suspicious behavior … you’ll discover the safest ways to accept deliveries … learn which policies and procedures may be putting employees at risk, and find out how other companies have beefed up security without looking like Fort Knox.
And should the worst-case scenario actually occur and workplace violence threatens, you’ll know exactly what to do – without putting yourself at even greater risk.
Your organization counts on you to handle any and all situations that come in the front door. Don’t run the risk of being unprepared or unsure of how to respond in an emergency situation. The safety and security of your co-workers and visitors – not to mention yourself – is far too important to be left to chance.
Give yourself the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’re well-prepared to deal with security threats and emergency situations calmly, quickly, and effectively.
Demand for this important workshop is high, so enroll today.