In The Social Media Marketing Conference, you’ll learn ...
- How to make social media “connect” for your business
- New tools and new ways to grow your business you may not have thought of
- How to define your strategy and create your plan before taking the plunge into social media
- The most common mistakes being made — spot them on the horizon and take a detour
- And much more!
If it seems like nearly every business on the planet is connecting with fans on Facebook®, Tweeting, uploading videos on YouTube™ and getting LinkedIn® — except you — you’re not alone. Many organizations who haven’t gone “social” yet are feeling the same way, scratching their heads and wondering: Are businesses really making money using social media? Can my business still get in on the action — and the profits?
The businesses that are making money set goals and objectives, follow a plan, choose and use the best tools, carefully monitor their results and faithfully measure their ROI. In other words, there are a lot of things you’ll need to get up to speed on to get started with social media and be successful.
Our conference is set up in a convenient 2-track format with 10 exciting sessions to choose from. Attend one track from start to finish, or mix and match the sessions to customize the conference to your own particular needs.
TRACK 1: You’ve decided to jump into the world of social media—now what?
SESSION 1: Show me the money: How social media actually pays off
Just about everyone knows you can use social media to make new friends, connect with old classmates and get a date. But did you know organizations are using social media to close business, reduce overall marketing costs, generate qualified leads, increase Web site traffic—and make more money? If you’re still in a holding pattern wondering if the business value is there, join us in this session. You’ll leave with the right ammunition to justify building your social media presence—with results you can take to the bank.
- The truth about who’s using social media networks and tools to market—and why Proven ways even companies with tiny budgets and few employees can profit
- How to reframe your thinking about social media and shape it into what you need for your business
- Why it’s a mistake to think social media is just for business-to-consumer companies
- What social marketing can do for you that traditional marketing can’t
SESSION 2: The key to social media success: Getting off to a good start
Some marketers rush blindly into the world of social media marketing because they can’t wait to start enjoying the results everyone else is raving about. But if you don’t first define a strategy and create a good plan, you’ll find yourself running around in circles. A cookie-cutter approach to launching social media in your organization don’t work—every business and product is different. You need a strategic approach tailored to your unique needs and goals—and that’s why this session is a must-attend.
- Know what you hope to achieve before you begin
- A handy tool kit for launching a winning social media campaign
- How to accurately predict how much time you’ll need to invest
- Why the best social marketers know their target market inside and out
- The importance of a well-thought-out strategy to get you where you want to be
- Getting buy-in from higher-ups—especially those who think it’s all nonsense
SESSION 3: Facebook®, YouTube®, Twitter®, oh my! Choosing the right platform for your business
Which social media platform is best for your business? There are so many to choose from—you may be tempted to dabble in all of them. But be careful. Some platforms are not suitable for business and could actually turn off your savvy audience and even hurt your brand or reputation. Need a guide into this unfamiliar territory? You’ve got it. Attend this session and we’ll take the guesswork and risk out of one of your most important marketing decisions.
- The specific goals you can’t afford to lose sight of when choosing a platform
- The most popular business platforms and what really makes them work
- Other not so obvious platforms you may not know about, but should
- The first questions to ask when choosing a platform
- Want to gain traction and build momentum? How to choose and use multiple platforms
SESSION 4: Measuring what’s really important—your return on investment
Without a positive return on investment, there’s no point in running a social media campaign. But how many times have you heard people say, “Social media can’t be measured”? In this session, you’ll learn there are dozens—even hundreds—of ways to measure customer satisfaction, revenues, brand loyalty ... whatever is important to your business. Attend this session and feel confident you’ll be ready when the CEO knocks on your door and demands proof of positive ROI.
- The most important social media metric of all
- What can—and should—you measure? The number of fans, page views, Tweets, social bookmarks?
- How not to get caught off guard by these measurement roadblocks
- Using analytics to better understand your ROI and make better decisions
- A look at monitoring tools and how they can simplify the job
SESSION 5: Success stories: What the best social marketers do better than the rest
It’s one thing to learn the principles of successful social media marketing. It’s a whole other thing to put them into action—and make them work. In this session, we’ll go behind the scenes with successful social marketers to see just what they’re doing to bring in positive returns from their forays into the social world. Get ready for a session packed with bold, new ideas any organization—including yours—can put to work immediately.
- A close-up look at some successful social media campaigns ... and why they worked
- “They don’t use social media in my industry”—why you can’t use this as an excuse anymore
- A proven Fortune 500 social media model—and how to set up your own campaign based on it
- Small businesses getting big results: What you can learn from them
- Business best practices that can define the success of your initiatives
TRACK 2: Step up your social media presence: Network, promote, share ... and profit!
SESSION 1: Cool tools and how to use them to grow your business
In social media, things change fast—especially when it comes to tools. New ones are cropping up so quickly it makes your head spin. This session will look at new and emerging tools you need to keep on your radar screen and how they can help you reach your specific business goals. C’mon—get out of your social comfort zone and experiment a little!
- From blogs to wikis: What you can do with social media tools (and why you’d want to)
- The best business uses for Facebook and LinkedIn®
- A key business benefit of using Twitter that makes it almost impossible to resist
- Beyond silly videos of babies and pets—creative ways to use YouTube for business
- Could blogging be your front door to social media?
- Social bookmarking: Everyone’s talking about it ... here’s why
SESSION 2: Mistakes rookies make ... but you don’t have to
When used properly, social media can be an efficient and effective approach to increasing revenues and growing your business. Notice that we said “properly”? Unfortunately, too many over-eager novices jump in without a lot of thought or preparation and end up making mistakes that cause them to wonder if social media is really worth it. So what are the most common mistakes being made? How can you spot them on the horizon and take a detour? Find out here.
- Critical mistakes social media pros NEVER make
- Top reasons why campaigns fail
- Believing social media is all about Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube—are you guilty?
- What failing to turn prospects into customers can cost your company
- Avoiding poor decisions that translate into poor ROI
SESSION 3: The art of writing for a social audience
The relentless demand for content that audiences want to read and will respond to can be paralyzing—especially if you’re not an official “writer.” You need to know how to write super-concise posts, comments and Tweets ... use headlines that lure readers in ... and be viewed as a helpful resource—not a 24/7 sales pitch. This session will reveal what social media users crave and how to deliver it to them in the least amount of time.
- How the social audience is different—and what this means to your writing
- Foolproof tips for writing compelling posts, Tweets and blogs
- Out with the fluff! There’s no room for it in this new social world
- Reusing content: A good practice—or not?
- How to sound like a genuine, caring human being—not a corporate robot
- Responses can be automated—but should they be?
SESSION 4: Managing your online reputation
One of the big drawbacks of social media is that there’s nothing stopping people from leaving harsh and potentially damaging remarks online. What should you do when someone drags your company or product through the mud? Lash out in defense? Ignore it and let your blood boil? You’ll need to know the answer—this could and probably will happen to you, sooner or later. We’ve packed the new skills you need to deal with criticism—and stop negative word of mouth—into this important session.
- The dangers to companies who are oblivious to what customers are saying
- Dos and don’ts for responding to harsh criticism and negative comments
- Getting your timing, target and tone just right
- How to view criticism as an opportunity—not a threat
- The first and most important thing to do when a criticism surfaces
SESSION 5: Monitoring what people are saying about you online—in 15 minutes a day
Conversations are going on about your brand and company—whether you’re participating in them or not. You have to stay tuned in to what people are saying about you so you can not only respond, but also better understand your customers, developing trends and problems brewing. The good news is that there are plenty of tools available for monitoring those conversations—and some of them are even free. In this session, you’ll learn about those tools along with the essential basics of efficient and effective monitoring.
- How to skillfully listen to what customers are saying—you won’t believe what you’ll learn
- Strategies for monitoring the online chatter about your brand
- Key steps to successful social media monitoring
- Using Google Alerts™ to monitor your brand
- Gathering data and what to do with it