Become a Microsoft Excel Power User
A skill-boosting one-day workshop designed specifically for those who've mastered Excel's fundamentals and are ready to get the tools required to become a "power user"!
This skill-boosting one-day workshop is designed specifically for anyone who has mastered Excel’s fundamentals and is ready to get the tools, tips, techniques and shortcuts required to become a power user. Your expert instructor will use our exclusive hands-off training approach that features state-of-the-art projection equipment. This method guarantees that you’ll learn — and retain — a maximum amount of information in a minimum amount of time!
You’ll discover how to use macros to save tons of time and reduce errors, how to create eye-catching charts and graphs that bring your numbers to life, how to make more professional-looking spreadsheets, how to automate repetitive tasks, and how to work faster and more efficiently with "insider" shortcuts.
You’ll also learn “how-to’s” for analyzing data and power tips for printing your work perfectly every time. Attend this intensive workshop and you’ll create better worksheets faster than ever before. Guaranteed!
The Key to Spreadsheet Success: Getting Off to a Good Start
- How to swiftly navigate Excel menus like a pro
- Identify the toolbar commands you use most often ... and hide the rest
- Keyboard shortcuts that reduce the mileage you put on your mouse and save tons of time
- Don't repeat yourself ... learn the quick steps to saving a document as a template
- Managing files when you've got tons to keep track of
- Data safeguards: How to protect your data in case disaster strikes
Formulas and Functions
- Using the VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions
- The no-fail method of backing yourself out of mistakes
- How to calculate percentages, averages, and more
- How to spot potential formula goofs
- When and how to use the "fill series" command
- Using logical and IF functions
- Using split and freeze panes
Lighten Your Load With Multiple Worksheet Links
- Why an automatic update of linked worksheets makes your job easier
- Create a linking formula with our step-by-step guidelines
- Save valuable time by moving rapidly among multiple worksheets
- Reduce chances for errors by linking instead of re-inputting data
The Path to Print Perfection
- The most common Excel printing goofs and how to avoid them
- How to add footers, headers and page numbers
- How to create recurring titles without re-keying them on every worksheet
- Is your page breaking right? We'll show you how to guarantee it does ... every time!
- The easy way to print worksheet selections — and get what you ask for
High-Impact Spreadsheets, Charts and Graphs
- Let Excel show you a variety of effective chart formats
- When and how to use borders, shading, bold, and underline
- Fonts and colors: More is not necessarily better
- Impress others with charts that look like they took hours to create — when, in fact, you created them in minutes!
- Add free-form narrative and graphics to your worksheets to facilitate understanding
- How to change the plot direction on a chart
- Changing the data source on a chart
- Using and disabling the time-scale axis
Creating Custom Toolbars, Menus and Dialog Boxes
- Redundant tasks are history! Simply replace your duplicated efforts with a single menu or toolbar command
- Define which tools you use most often and customize your toolbar in 4 quick and easy steps
- How to record a macro in your customized toolbox
- Simplify data entry by limiting menu and dialog box choices
Analyzing Data and Database How-to's
- How to perform a what-if analysis using the Scenario Manager
- Understanding and using one- and two-variable data tables
- Using Solver to solve problems by working backward
- How the Auditing Toolbar helps you examine the association between cells and formulas in a worksheet
- Fundamentals of creating Excel databases
- How to turn any list into a useable database
- Tracing cells that cause errors
- Creating a Pivot Table to summarize large amounts of data quickly
SPECIAL SECTION: Making Macro Miracles Happen — It's Easy!
- Why use a macro? 2 powerful reasons why you'll leave this workshop a macro user from now on
- Record a simple macro in 5 simple steps
- Automate your worksheets and kick into the "instant reply mode"
- How to avoid input errors using macros