Putting together a team that gets results
You’ll start by learning the secrets master coaches use to hire the right people, get them on board with the big picture and bring them together to create a “dream team.”
- See the important differences between a team and just a work group—and 8 reasons why a team gets better results
- The ideal mix: 3 complementary personality types that help to make your team run smoothly
- The 4 common characteristics of top-performing teams
- 10 ways to sell your organization to a job applicant you want
Inspiring others to reach high and succeed
Discover how to get the most out of each day by getting to the root of employee mistakes, eliminating team conflict and building a blueprint for you and your team to creatively solve problems together and take your success to new levels.
- 5 rewards workers love that you probably haven’t considered
- When discipline is necessary: 8 steps for turning punishment into a plan for improved performance
- 4 ways to bring absenteeism under control
- When an angry confrontation seems unavoidable—7 steps for keeping it under control and achieving a positive outcome
- An 8-part plan for helping your workers accept change
Polishing your leadership skills
Boost your toolbelt with the critical skills all great leaders share, from decision making and delegating to discipline and feedback, so your team members will know what is expected of them and how they’re doing.
- A method guaranteed to stop reverse delegation
- The secret to recognizing when your employees really are overworked
- How to pinpoint weak spots where training would help your team
- How to get your employees to buy into the company’s goals
- The surprising disadvantage of focusing strictly on results
Meetings that trigger action
Whether it’s one-on-one or in a group, learn how
to determine what kind of meetings to hold—and ensure they’re necessary, productive and get the real results you’re looking for.
- 4 kinds of problems that should never be discussed in a meeting
- The “100-mile rule” and “jamming”—sure-fire ways to run productive meetings
- Strategies to get meetings off to a fast, productive start and overcome stubborn roadblocks to progress in meetings
- Preventing one strong personality from dominating—and how to coax non-talkers to participate in meetings
Becoming a team leader famous for results
Learn from the fatal flaws of failed coaches—how to recognize and avoid them to make sure your team is always on the right track, working toward company goals and possessing a profitability mindset that is recognized and acknowledged up the ladder.
- Participative/authoritarian—how to choose the management style that will get results
- A 5-minute quiz to rate your coaching skills
- The “onion patch” strategy: Getting the higher-ups to stand behind you
- How to regain control quickly when you’ve been away from work
- How to sell your team on itself to build real pride and professionalism
- Office politics: Whether you play the game or not, you’d better understand the rules
Putting it all together
Learn how to take what you’ve learned in this seminar and put it to work immediately—apply your new skills of teambuilding, employee motivation, leadership and project management ... beginning the very next day on the job!