“I’m just not the assertive type. It’s just the way I am.” This tired excuse is just a tired excuse. Your personality is not to blame for your inability to get the respect you deserve. Women notoriously put the needs of others ahead of their own needs … often to the point of being taken for granted and being invisible.
Assertiveness is having the self-confidence to be yourself.
Assertiveness training for women is about valuing others and treating them fairly, hearing their opinions and sharing your own. Today’s dynamic business world presents immense opportunities, IF you know how to take advantage of them. Assertiveness essentials give you the foundation to calm down, stand up, and speak out.
Discover practical techniques that work for you and your unique situation.
This is not a “one size fits all” workshop. It’s an information extravaganza! In just one day, you’ll be armed with specific tips, tricks, and techniques. You’ll be able to incorporate this training easily into the rest of your life. This workshop will help you do just that.
Don’t you deserve to get the results you want out of your career and personal life? You’re a role model, not just at work but at home. People who have mastered the skill of assertiveness are able to greatly reduce the level of interpersonal conflict in their lives, thereby reducing a major source of stress. This program will help you enjoy life more. You’ll learn how to deal with conflict and difficult people … whether they’re coworkers, supervisors, family, or friends.
A unique approach you can trust … developed for women by women.
Put your fears of criticism and rejection aside … or better yet, bring them and share them in the workshop. There’s nothing we can’t tackle together. Ask your questions. Hundreds of women just like you are a testimony to our success.
Make this bold step today … it’s just the first of many to come.
Still unsure? Can’t decide? That’s usually a strong indication of how much you need this incredible workshop. It’s true — when you leave, you won’t be the same woman who signed up. You’ll be on the road to greater confidence, less stress, and more honesty. All you have to lose is insecurity.
Laying the Groundwork for Becoming an Assertive Communicator
- Hear why more than ever, assertiveness is vital in today’s diverse and dynamic workplace, especially for women
- What’s your communication style? Build on your strengths and pinpoint your weaknesses
- Don’t let them scare you … learn the vital differences between how men and women communicate
- Explore your personal pattern of communication behavior: In what situations are you likely to be assertive? passive? aggressive?
- Recognize communication habits that are self-sabotaging and hold women back
- Stop confusing assertiveness with aggressiveness … overcome your irrational fears
Understanding the Essentials to Assertiveness
- Assertive, passive, aggressive: How to distinguish among them
- Persuasion guidelines ... make your point and get support and buy-in
- How to speak your mind or ask for what you want without seeming pushy
- The importance of “I” statements
- Giving the three-line assertion message
- Techniques for assertive communication: Broken record, fogging, workable compromise, and more!
Polishing Your Unspoken Message: Body Language and Active Listening
- Characteristics of assertive body language and how to use them to your advantage
- Stop sabotaging what you say with inappropriate body language
- How to appear poised and confident even when you’re not
- “Listen” for nonverbal messages to hear what people are really saying
- The basics of active and reflective listening and how they will make you more effective
- How listening can help you tailor a more effective response
Dealing With Difficult Situations, Difficult People, and Conflict
- Tips for saying “no” or refusing a request without feeling guilty
- How to respond to passive or aggressive communication with diplomacy and tact in order to get the results you need
- Recognize when people are trying to manipulate you and know effective tactics you can use to stop them
- How to survive – even thrive – in a predominantly male environment
- Face confrontation head-on and communicate professionally
- Effective responses for disarming disagreeable people, bullies, tantrum throwers, and whiners
- Mars and Venus in conflict: How each gender handles conflict differently – and how to use it to your advantage
- Tips for remaining calm and in control when on the verge of tears or a shouting match
Communicating Assertively to Persuade and Negotiate
- Say it with style: A concise, step-by-step method of persuasion
- Tips for presenting your point of view in a way that will generate respect
- The importance of working toward a win-win agreement instead of a win-lose “victory”
- Negotiation strategies the pros rely on for success
- Understanding your options when they just won’t see things your way
Excelling in Meetings and in Front of Groups
- Making a dynamic impression that builds your credibility
- How to get a word in edgewise when everyone else is talking fast and loud
- What to do when someone interrupts you
- 5 tips for communicating like a pro in meetings
- Keys to making impromptu comments and answering difficult questions
- How to get your foot out of your mouth when you’ve made a statement you regret