Effective Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers
Get the know-how you need to tackle even the most serious performance problems head on, without risking legal repercussions!
When employee performance is off track, it's your job as a leader to get it back on track. It's one of the toughest responsibilities you shoulder, and one of the most important. You have to confront the problem assertively. Fairly. Legally.
That's why we've created this program … to give you the techniques, tools, and proven strategies you need to get the results you want when dealing with unacceptable employee performance.
Stop stewing over how to handle weak performance … get practical solutions for your tough challenges!
Ever imagined how pleasant your workday would be without hearing griping and excuses, with no petty arguments to resolve and no bad attitudes to deal with? Have you ever wished your employees took your constructive criticism in stride instead of getting angry or their feelings being hurt?
We understand! Underperforming employees are a stressful, unnecessary drain on your time. Plus, they're a costly strain to your organization. As a manager, you simply can't afford to let the behavior go on. It's time to deal with it … once and for all.
What are the boundaries? Learn what’s legal, and what’s not!
Worried about taking a tough stand with your discipline because you might get sued? You won't be after purchasing this program! You'll learn where the boundaries are and how to ensure the unacceptable performance is addressed without the risk of going too far by saying the wrong thing.
What You’ll Learn:
Understanding Performance Problems and Unacceptable Behavior
- Top reasons people don't do what they're supposed to do
- "Won't do" vs. "Can't do": Know the difference
- Traits common to underperforming and difficult employees
- Opening the door for honest communication
- How to address poor performance and still leave the employee’s self-esteem intact
- The how-to’s of giving effective positive and negative feedback
Keys to Effective Discipline
- How to deal effectively with a variety of unacceptable behaviors, from gossiping to bickering to absenteeism and tardiness
- Know when employee behavior has crossed the line, when discipline is no longer an option but an absolute “must”
- How to skillfully confront a serious performance problem
- Putting together airtight documentation
- How to make sure discipline is fair and covers all the legal angles
Your Trainer: Jodie-Beth Galos, Esq.
When you need training that’s guaranteed to translate into on-the-job results, there’s no one better to turn to than Jodie-Beth Galos.
Galos is widely regarded by organizations large and small as an employment-law expert with a solid handle on the challenges today’s managers face in the workplace. She has extensive experience coaching and training business managers and an impressive background in employment law, having practiced with two nationally known law firms before moving into corporate positions at Saks Fifth Avenue, Smith Barney, and United HealthCare.
Galos is regularly featured on CNBC, CNN/FN, and in the New York Post and The National Employment Business Weekly. She is a graduate of Barnard College, Columbia University and received a J.D. from Boston University School of Law.
"Jodie-Beth Galos has provided guidance and leadership to our executive team, substantially improving our business capabilities. We are a better team because of her training." – Irene Posio, CFO
Item #: 89448
All transactions are processed through an
encrypted secure socket layer (SSL).