The Ins & Outs of Effective HR Policies
Get up-to-date on HR policies: from what you need to have in writing to effectively communicating them to employees.
Are your HR policies outdated … too ambiguous … not being followed … ANY of the above?
If you’re an HR professional who spends too much time reiterating your company’s policies to employees who aren't following them, the time has come to start policing your policies!
Though it may not be your most beloved job function, developing and implementing effective HR policies are vital for making up the framework of your department and setting the tone for the employees in your entire organization!
Avoid misunderstandings and keep your organization out of legal hot water with well-written policies in place!
Having clear and concise HR policies in place will help you avoid confusion as well. With their rules, expectations, and responsibilities clearly defined for them, employees will spend less time badgering you for answers!
Properly written policies can also keep your organization out of court, which is more useful than ever in today’s workplace environment of increased lawsuits and ever-changing legislation.
Register today for The Ins & Outs of Effective HR Policies and gain all the tools you need for having the right policies in place. Guaranteed!
Sound like Your Workday?
If you keep running into situations like these, your policies probably aren’t clear enough, aren't communicated effectively, or being followed, and you need to put an end to it.
1. You’re constantly on the phone fielding calls from employees who just can’t seem to understand (or adhere to) the company vacation or personal/sick days policy.
2. Casual Friday has turned into the “wear whatever I want” week, and it’s become quite evident that your organization’s dress-code policy is too liberal in its language or employees are choosing to ignore it.
3. You find out that an employee has been criticizing your company on her MySpace page and you aren’t sure if you have any legal grounds for action.
4. Your employee manual was written so long ago, it doesn’t even address the issue of Internet abuse or excessive e-mail usage.
5. An employee has come to you with a sexual harassment complaint, but you don’t have explicit steps to take and aren’t confident that you’re doing everything you should.
What You’ll Learn:
- The top policies every HR department should have in place
- How often you should update your HR policies and procedures
- Tips on training on and enforcing your policies to maximize their effectiveness
- How to best communicate your policies … from handbooks to e-mail updates – what works best for top organizations
- How to avoid common and costly mistakes found in many HR policies
- What your policies must include to hold up in court
Item #: 1832270
All transactions are processed through an
encrypted secure socket layer (SSL).