What You’ll Learn:
- Why every manager and business owner should invest in a public relations strategy
- How PR is changing in the 21st century: What PR is today and how it works
- Dos and don'ts for working with the media
- Your media list: How to make it your most powerful asset
- Strategy and tactics: How to decide who you should be talking to
- Times of crisis: How to develop a bullet-proof crisis plan so you'll be prepared
- How to pick an agency when you want low-cost, high-quality PR
Your Trainer: Leonard Saffir, Author of PR on a Budget
Leonard Saffir has seen it all, in the PR world and beyond, and he’s had great success throughout his wide-ranging career. Leonard got his start as a journalist and foreign correspondent and knows firsthand what it's like to be on the other side of the table working with PR professionals. This insight served him well when he transitioned to public relations.
For six years, Leonard served as the executive vice president of Porter Novelli, one of the world's largest PR firms with offices in nearly 100 cities around the world. While serving in this role, Leonard supervised accounts in myriad areas including consumer products, crisis communication, sponsorships, litigation, film and television, entertainment, special events, marketing, and automotive.
He has served a wide variety of clients including Philip Morris, Porsche USA, Michelin, MasterCard, Pepsi Cola, Bristol-Meyers, Mattel, General Foods, Kraft, Amtrak, and Johnson & Johnson.
For six years, he served as chief of staff and press secretary to former U.S. Senator James L. Buckley.
In recognition of Leonard's work, the Public Relations Society of America has awarded him the Silver Anvil and the Big Apple awards. In addition to PR on a Budget, Leonard has written two other books: Power Public Relations, How to Get PR to Work for You and Power Public Relations: How to Master the New PR.