What You’ll Learn:
- Understanding the top reasons hiring decisions go bad
- First things first: Know what you really want before you begin your search
- The role of the job description
- Creative recruitment and search options
- Tips for when and how to involve your team in the hiring process
- Interviewing musts
- Questions that draw out the “real person” inside the job candidate
- Team interviewing: pros and cons
- Reference checks, skill assessments, background checks and more: What homework should you do beyond the interview?
Your Trainer: Greg Mears
You’d be hard pressed to find any trainer in the country who has been more successful teaching managers and supervisors like you about the cost of bad hiring decisions — and specifically how to avoid them — than Greg Mears. One of our most respected management and HR trainers, Greg will simplify the frustrating process of prospecting, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring the best employees every time, instead of the “bad apples” … even when they look exactly alike!
Greg has worked with and consulted for many of the country’s top companies, including Georgia Pacific, Arcadian Chemicals, Rayovac, Boeing Aircraft, Kaiser-Permanente, the U.S. Postal Service, and Nestle Foods. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to this program, and enough insight to make this one of the most important career-related purchases that you’ll ever make.
Greg’s breezy training style makes every session he teaches a memorable experience. People who attend Greg’s sessions tell us that they’ve laughed, cheered, and been re-energized by his warm and personal approach to training. (In fact, you may even chuckle to yourself in good-natured embarrassment when you recognize a mistake or two you’ve made in the past.) But one thing is for sure: When you leave his care, you’ll never again make a hiring mistake because you didn’t recognize certain warning signs — guaranteed!