What You’ll Learn:
FLSA — An Overview
- What is the Fair Labor Standards Act and what does it say?
- Why does the FLSA exist?
- Who's covered by FLSA?
- 2004 DOL changes to FLSA that impacted employee classifications
- The 6 exempt classifications under FLSA
- Rewarding exempt employees for extra work
- Circumstances for which you can suspend pay for exempt employees
- 7 basic rules for nonexempt employee classification
- The rules of paid vs. unpaid time for nonexempt employees
FLSA Issues in the News and in the Courts
- A glimpse at recent cases that spotlight the importance of FLSA compliance
Your Trainer: Ron Rakowski
Ron Rakowski is a certified employment law specialist with extensive experience in human resource management, in areas as diverse as employee benefits, compensation, hiring, collective bargaining, personnel law compliance and others. Ron spent more than two decades in the trenches as an executive for a number of prestigious northeastern corporations. He is also a past chapter president and certification chair of the Society of Human Resource Management.
Ron is the author of several articles featured in HR Magazine, Business Insurance, Pension World, Suite101.com, theChicago Tribune, The San DiegoUnion-Tribune, and The New York Times.