What You’ll Learn:
- Defining active listening
- How your actions can sabotage what you hear
- Questions you can ask to clarify what you heard
- Reading between the lines: Separating the content of the message from emotion
- Actions that encourage active listening
- Understanding and using the keys to effective listening
- Seven tips to effective and active listening
- Actions you can take to ensure others are hearing what you say
- Listening rules you can break (and when you should)
Your Trainer: Ruth St. Pierre
If you’re looking for a speaker with real-world experience and practical strategies that you can use immediately at work, look no further. Ruth St. Pierre is a favorite presenter at companies across the United States. In fact, leading organizations and government agencies such as Winnebago Industries, The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the University of Notre Dame, and Boise Cascade have all benefited from her expertise.
As a master communicator and facilitator, Ruth understands and values the importance of good listening skills. She not only fills her conferences with practical listening techniques but also strives to show her participants HOW to apply these newfound skills at work. Enroll today and get the skills you need to be a better communicator.