Each year, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act helps millions of American workers cope with serious health conditions or care for ill family members. But you know the law has a dark side—abuse of leave. Do you feel helpless to control unwarranted FMLA absenteeism?
The FMLA opens the exit doors for unscrupulous workers who take advantage of the law, and your company, by requesting leave for not-so-serious health problems. Unfortunately, the law’s vague language only makes it harder for you as a manager to police. Let our expert instructor shed new light on the law’s provisions.
Enroll in this information-packed one-hour Webinar, How to Prevent FMLA Abuse, and learn strategies to make sure only your employees who truly need FMLA leave are the ones taking advantage of it.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Learn common ways employees abuse FMLA leave
- Understand your company’s legal rights under the FMLA
- Find out the medical certificates employees must provide and what you can do if they don’t
- Find out the company policies that should be adopted to discourage abuse
- Learn about employee privacy rights and how you can request a second medical opinion under the FMLA
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the Webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from Webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the Webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to Webinar participants.