When the anticipated Department of Labor’s (DOL’s) new federal overtime rule takes effect, will you be ready? The expected FLSA salary level updates and overtime protections demand a clear understanding of exempt vs. nonexempt employee classifications and the “tests” used to make that determination. That may seem pretty straightforward until you, as an HR professional, are called on with questions that fall into the gray areas: Bonuses, seasonal workers, weekly compliance, comp time, sales commissions and more. Know the facts ... so you understand your options and have a plan when it’s time to move forward.
Get the critical updates you need in this one-hour Webinar. You’ll get easy-to-understand information about the FLSA and this pending overtime change. Your complete understanding will enable you to better pinpoint and intervene when it comes to fair compensation for your workers ... and your obligations under the law. Enroll today!
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Understand the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) what it covers and why it exists
- Clarify the difference between exempt and nonexempt
- Recognize the 6 classification criteria
- Problematic pay practices that may put an employee’s exempt status at risk
- Identify the basic rules for nonexempt employees to avoid costly fines and penalties
- How to identify and change a job’s classification based on these new rules
- Get guidance on keeping managers and employees informed about FLSA changes
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the Webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from Webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the Webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to Webinar participants.