When an employee has a serious health condition and requests leave, the last thing you want to do is be insensitive. But most managers and HR professionals know that FMLA-protected leave needs a solid paper trail so that both you and your employee know what’s expected.
Medical certification is key to this trail ... particularly if, at any point, you begin to suspect abuse or fraud. But myriad questions surround this one critical document—from when it’s due to what to do if it’s vague or incomplete.
This one-hour Webinar answers your questions so your documentation will be indisputable.
Compliance with the FMLA is complicated. To stay out of hot water, you must understand the intricacies of the law and be aware of the tools designed to help you prevent misuse. Sign up for a new one-hour Webinar that covers it all and helps you feel confident that you’re administering FMLA leave fairly and legally.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Understand and follow the FMLA medical certification process
- When to request a medical certification and a second or third opinion
- What information employers may legally ask on a medical certification form
- How to get the information you need from the form in order to make the right call to approve—or deny—the request
- Recognize the signs of FMLA abuse and fraud and take steps to prevent it
- Dos and don’ts for contacting the health care professional providing the medical certification
- Understand employee rights during the certification process
- Handle employee-driven requests for regularly scheduled FMLA leave
- What to do if an employee refuses to provide a medical certification or provides incomplete information
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the Webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from Webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the Webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to Webinar participants.