Rudeness at work is a dangerous thing—and can be expensive. As the boss, you don’t really want to be in the middle of every little etiquette breach ... who talked over a colleague in a meeting, who didn’t respond to emails, who took the last cup of coffee, etc. Employees are adults. These slights are harmless and trivial. Or are they?
Experts tell us that steady, low-level unpleasantness at work leads to lower job satisfaction and productivity if left unchecked. Workers retaliate. Incivility escalates. And customers notice rudeness between workers and take their business elsewhere.
Don’t let this happen. Intervene. Create a culture of mutual respect and courtesy. Sign up for this one-hour Webinar for managers, supervisors and HR professionals today!
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Assess your workplace: Does your company have a culture of incivility?
- Help employees recognize incivility in themselves and others
- Set organization-wide expectations of civility and cooperation
- Help employees identify conscious and unconscious biases that contribute to workplace incivility
- Teach employees to assertively address rude behavior and redirect communication
- Arm staff with conflict-defusing and conflict management techniques
- Facilitate a “thrive rather than survive” mindset where employees are fully engaged and passionate about their work
- Create and embody a vision of a civil, cooperative workplace
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the Webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from Webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the Webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to Webinar participants.