Managing the Complexities of Paid Sick and Family Leave Laws
Get current on the shifting legal landscape of paid leave for employees
February 27, 2018
Can’t break away for an hour at this time? For your convenience, a
CD-ROM recording is made of each webinar. You may choose to purchase the CD-ROM either
along with the webinar or separately. The CD-ROM recording will be available approximately
14-21 days after the webinar (details).
Paid-leave regulations are getting complicated. As support grows for (and some business groups push against) a national law mandating paid family leave and paid sick days, some states, cities and individual organizations are out in front—adopting measures of their own. This proliferation and mishmash of regulations can make staying in compliance challenging.
Keep up to date on this unfolding topic by registering now for our newest Webinar Managing the Complexities of Paid Sick and Family Leave Laws. Understand the legal developments and your obligations. Know how to adjust your policies, how to respond to leave requests ... how to comply.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Which states and municipalities have passed or are considering paid-leave laws
- The difference between mandated sick and family leave and federally required Family and Medical Leave
- Elements of an effective, legal PTO policy and how your policy measures up
- Policy changes you’ll need if current mandates are passed
- Executive Order 13706 and federal contractors: Paid sick leave requirements for employees
- Employer requirements regarding carryover time, notice and posting
- How to administer PTO leave for employees eligible for protected FMLA or disability leave
- Smart PTO administration: Tracking partial-day absences, caps and use-it-or-lose-it policies, exempt employees and much, much more
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the Webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from Webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the Webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to Webinar participants.
Invite Others to Gather Around Your Computer to Attend This Webinar Along With You . . .
When you enroll in this webinar, you’ll be entitled to one webinar connection and
the extra benefit of gathering as many people around your computer as you can.
You can maximize the reach of this training even more by setting up your own screening
room in your organization. For details on how to create your own training room in your
office, click here!
Why Use Web Training?
Busy professionals like you sometimes can’t get away from the office for a day to
get training — even if it will make your life a thousand times easier! So let us
bring the training right to your desk through your PC or Mac!
You’ll get insightful advice and training from an expert in the field, along with
effective visual aids to help make the learning stick. There’s simply no easier way
to “get it” quickly and effectively than our webinars!