There’s no such thing as an emotion-free workplace. In fact, a certain amount of passion shows that people are engaged and care about the work they do. But when tempers flare and people start pointing fingers and saying things in anger or frustration, relationships can be damaged. Credibility and careers are at stake.
Managing emotional tension, anger, and confrontation can be tricky ... but necessary to keep the workplace running smoothly—and keep a lid on the stress caused by unresolved conflict. Each of us is paid to be emotionally mature at work. How to Handle Emotionally Charged Situations in the Workplace is a unique one-hour course that will teach you how to tame high emotions. turn conflict into an opportunity to build stronger, more positive working relationships; and control unproductive emotions and build cooperation. Register now.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Understand the 3 C’s of conflict communication so you act with the goal in mind
- Get tips on the right words to use in emotionally charged situations — words that help an angry person feel more in control
- Learn techniques to calm yourself down quickly so you’re more effective
- Respond rather than react and minimize the impact of difficult people and situations
- Take the focus away from being right and see how it makes you more effective
- Get tools for constructive confrontation ... keeping the focus on the issue
- Avoid setting up a win-lose situation and the defensiveness it triggers
- Understand boundary statements and how to use them when dealing with a difficult or angry person
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the Webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from Webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the Webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to Webinar participants.