If you hear everything, ask good questions and take great notes, does that make you a good listener? If the person talking to you doesn’t actually feel listened to, you may have indeed missed a key part of the experience.
Here’s the problem: People talk a lot slower than our brains think. This differential allows our brains to wander ... and keeps us from being fully engaged listeners.
Listening is the most used communication skill you have. Shouldn’t you give it a little attention? Create Better Understanding Through Active Listening is a course that will teach you how to be a better listener. Improving this one skill can improve your relationships, productivity and effectiveness. It can minimize misunderstandings and help build better rapport with everyone around you. Enroll today!
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Physical distractions you must manage to ensure the person you’re listening to feels valued and respected
- How your internal listening barriers, biases and assumptions could hurt your listening ability
- How reading between the lines helps you really focus and understand what’s not being said
- The “encouragers” you can use to get real understanding and the full story
- How to break the listening rules when the situation demands boundaries
- Actions you can take to ensure others are hearing what you say
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the Webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from Webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the Webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to Webinar participants.